Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Play Guitar


This is the year of the guitar. I have always wanted to learn to play a musical instrument. Piano would have been my choice, I love the sound of jazz piano. However, pianos are just darned expensive, and then there's the lessons on top of that.


I have been talking about getting a guitar for some time now. My daughter, Brooklyn, has wanted one too. We got her one for Christmas.


I wanted to make sure that she really followed up with it too. Short attention spans can diminish hopes and dreams at times.


I had some extra Christmas money left over. Jared and I spent several hours at pawn shops and guitar stores. I finally found one. It's a Lyon brand by Washburn.
By the end of the year I would like to be able to play at least 3 songs well, and play with my daughter.


No comments: